24W amplifier using TDA1516
Here is the circuit diagram of a simple 24W mono amplifier using IC TDA1516.The TDA1516 is an integrated class B power amplifier in a 13 pin SIL package. The IC has many useful features such as short circuit protection, load dump protection, thermal protection, reverse polarity protection etc. Here the IC is wired in BTL mode to deliver 24W of power into a 4 ohm speaker. This amplifier can be operated from a 12V DC supply and this makes it suitable for car audio applications.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
- Assemble the circuit on a good quality PCB.
- The amplifier can be powered using a 12V DC supply.
- Capacitor C2 must be rated at least 25V.
- The IC must be fitted with a heat sink.
- Switch S1 is the stand by switch.