Cable TV amplifier
This is a very simple cable TV amplifier using two transistors. This amplifier circuit is most suitable for cable TV systems using 75 Ohm coaxial cables and works fine up to 150MHz. Transistor T1 performs the job of amplification. Up to 20dB gain can be expected from the circuit.T2 is wired as an emitter follower to increase current gain.
- The circuit can be assembled on a Vero board.
- Use 12V DC for powering the circuit.
- Type no of the transistors are not very critical.
- Any medium power NPN RF transistors can be used in place of T1 and T2.
- This is just an elementary circuit. Do not compare it with high quality Cable TV amplifiers available in the market.