This is a simple LED torch circuit based on IC MAX660 from MAXIM semiconductors. The MAX 660 is a CMOS type monolithic type voltage converter IC. The IC can easily drive three extra bright white LEDs.The LEDs are connected in parallel to the output pin 8 of the IC. The circuit has good battery life. The switch S1 can be a push to ON switch.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
- Assemble the circuit on a general purpose PCB.
- The IC must be mounted on a holder.
- The circuit can be powered from two torch cells connected in series.
- The capacitors C1 and C2 must be Tantalum type.
- The diodes D1 to D3 must be of 1N4148.