Onkyo TX-RZ800 is designed to perfection for audiophile of today. The A/V receiver has separate processing blocks and amp, custom capacitors, discrete low-impedance amp circuitry, custom high-current transformer, 32-bit digital signal processor and Asahi Kasei 384 kHz/32-bit DAC for extracting the maximum performance from Dolby Atmos and DTS: X soundtracks. The device provides excellent sound quality along with a perfectly focused audio image. This is possible as the high-current amplifier helps in gripping the speaker drivers with great control for clear sounds, which range down to almost 5Hz without chances of phase shifting. Along with these, the device has original Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) technology. With the help of this technology, you can enjoy clean signal without pulse noise. The receiver of the system can be turned up to THX Reference levels. Whether you play an album over AirPlay or play an object-based movie soundtrack. You are sure to get great sound effects. When your aim is enjoying latest UltraHD entertainment, this device will be the perfect choice for you.
Build quality & Design of Onkyo TX-RZ800
When compared to the older models, this new model comes with certain design changes. There is a new chassis in the device with a brand new architecture. The preamp section has also been revamped. The front panel comes with many changes. The knobs and control buttons are visible. There is also a large LCD display right in the front of the device, which displays information when the device is functioning. Along with this, there is a flap that conceals many more control buttons and knobs. The space on the frontal part of the device is well-utilized. All these elements have made the device slightly bigger in dimensions and heavier as well when compared to other models.
Onkyo TX-RZ800 – Features
- Smooth Analog Signal – Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry (VLSC) is a technology implemented by Onkyo for reassembling the signal in its original form after the sound processing. With VLSC it is possible to get rid of pulse noise, which is generated during D/A conversions. As a result, the sound wave that is produced comes with amazing smoothness and with a high analog signal. With a smooth output wave form, the sound effects are excellent.
- Ultra Low-Frequency Hi-Current Amp – Onkyo has been building amplifiers and sound receivers since a long time and they have used all their experience in building this device. This machine reproduces ultra-low frequencies down up to 5Hz so that the best bass impact can be felt. The device also has high-current amplification system for dynamic and accurate sound.
- Realistic Audio – With Wide Range Amp Technology (WRAT), it is possible to prevent phase shifting. The roll-off point can be pushed higher than the listening level frequency. When sound amplification takes place without phase shift it creates uncommonly well focused, clear and realistic audio image.
- DTS: X Compatible – DTS: X is latest surround sound technology, which is highly object-based. This includes height for delivering for an excellent listening experience. This technology comes with ultimate interactivity, immersion, and flexibility. It is possible to personalize the audio experience with this technology.
- THX Certified Audio Quality – In a movie theater, you can feel the sound from all quarters and this is what gives the thrilling experience. Onkyo TX-RZ800 is THX certified and you can get the same thrilling sound quality in your home. With THX certification, it is possible to get high volume at low distortion. Turn your living room into a theater and enjoy the experience.
- Supports Dolby Atmos – Dolby Atmos sound quality is amazing. It seems that sound is coming from all directions creating captivating and realistic sonic atmosphere and ambiance. Sound artists and engineers can mix in 3D space creating sound effects that are truly fascinating.
- Multi-Zone Audio & Video – The Onkyo TX-RZ800 contain Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2/3 Pre/Line-outs for distributed audio playback. The audio content can be controlled in different manners in the house. While there are options of playing the same song all across the house; there are also options of playing different songs in different rooms from the same system. Along with sound output, there is also an option for HD video output in the rooms. The HDMI outputs and sub-outputs help in a display of audio and video in rooms separately.
- Wireless and Network Streaming – The Onkyo TX-RZ800 has different kinds of in-built connectivity technologies. For instance, there is Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirPlay connectivity in the device. There are wide ranges of streaming options that are available in the free Onkyo remote app. Enjoy high-resolution videos and audios via network attached devices. In fact with internet streaming, it is possible to play music on your tablet or smartphone. The device also has Pandora, Spotify, Slacker, SiriusXM Internet radio and TuneIn. With the help of the remote app, it is possible to select a station and look for available music. There will be no dearth of one’s favorite music with this system in place.
- Ready for UltraHD – Onkyo TX-RZ800 is absolutely ready for UltraHD facility. The device comes with HDMI specification and HDCP 2.2 compatibility mode. The HDMI spec comes with an increase in bandwidth for supporting new features. As a result, excellent sound and audio quality can be enjoyed from the device.
TX-RZ800, RZ810, and RZ900 are some of the most common and best selling A/V receiver models manufactured by Onkyo. When comparisons are made between these models, there are more similarities than differences. The difference is mainly seen in technical parts like surround sound processing, amplification, inputs, and outputs etc. It is obvious that the latest models come with better technology in them when compared to older models. If you are confused you can compare Onkyo TX-RZ800 vs. RZ810 vs. RZ900 and find the product that matches your requirements in the best manner. The comparison is given below:-
Comparison between Onkyo TX-RZ800, RZ810, & RZ900
|Features and Specs||TX - RZ800||TX-RZ810||TX-RZ900|
|Pricing||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|Numbers of Channels||7||7||7|
|THD in Stereo||0.08%||0.08%||0.08%|
|Stereo RMS Power||135 Watts||130 Watts||140 Watts|
|Frequency Bandwidth Stereo||20-20 KHz||20-20 KHz||20-20 KHz|
|Minimum Impedance||4 Ohms||6 Ohms||4 Ohms|
|Bluetooth Compatible||Yes (Built-in)||Yes (Built-in)||Yes (Built-in)|
|App Remote Control||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Speaker Calibration||AccuEQ||AccuEQ/AccuReflex||AccuEQ|
|Multi brand remote control||Yes||No||Yes|
|Weight||37.5 Pounds||30.9 Pounds||39.7 Pounds|
|Parts and Labor Warranty||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years|
|Dolby Digital Sound Processing||DD, TrueHD, DD+, EX||DD, TrueHD, DD+||DD, TrueHD, DD+, EX|
|DTS||DTS, HD, HDMA, ES, Neo6, 96/24||DTS, HD, HDMA, ES, 96/24||DTS, ES, DTS-HD, HDMA, DTS:X, Neo6|
|Audio Video Inputs||8||8||8|
|Component Video Monitor Output||1||None||1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||3||2||3|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2||1||2|
|USB Connections||1 Rear||1 Rear||1 Rear|