Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit

Here is a remote operated spy robot circuit which can be controlled by using a wireless remote controller. It can capture audio and video information’s from the surroundings and can be sent to a remote station through RF signals. The maximum range is 125 meters. It overcomes the limited range of infrared remote controllers. This robot consists of mainly two sections. They are explained in detail below.

Remote Control Operated Spy Robot Circuit – Block Diagram

Remote Control Operated Spy Robot Circuit - Block Diagram

Remote Control Operated Spy Robot Circuit - Block Diagram

1. Remote Control Section

The circuit uses HT 12E, HT 12D encoder and decoder. 433MHz ASK transmitter and receiver is used for the remote control. H-bridge circuits are used for driving motors. Two 12V DC/100RPM gear motors are used as drivers. The working of the circuit is as follows.

When we are pressing any key in remote controller the HT 12E generate 8 bit address and 4 bit data .The DIP switches are used for setting the address. Then the ASK transmitter sends the 8 bit address and 4 bit data to the receiver Then the ASK receiver receives the 8 bit address and 4 bit data and HT 12D decoder decodes the data, thus enabling the appropriate output. Thus the output signals that are generated controls the H-bridge which then rotates the motors.

The 433 MHZ ASK transmitter and receivers are extremely small, and are excellent for applications requiring short-range RF remote controls.  The transmitter module is only 1/3rd the size of a standard postage stamp, and can easily be placed inside a small plastic enclosure. The transmitter output is up to 8mW at 433.92MHz. The transmitter accepts both linear and digital inputs and can operate from 1.5 to 12 Volts-DC, and makes building a miniature hand-held RF transmitter very easy.  The 433 MHZ ASK transmitters is approximately the size of a standard postage stamp

433 MHZ ASK receivers also operate at 433.92MHz, and have a sensitivity of 3uV.  The receiver operates from 4.5 to 5.5 volts-DC.

Remote-Control-Operated-Spy-Robot-Circuit-Remote-Control-Section

Remote-Control-Operated-Spy-Robot-Circuit-Remote-Control-Section

2. Video Transmission Section

In this project we are using a wireless CCD camera. Now these types of cameras are commonly available in the market. It works on 12VDC supply.

To know more about CCD camera, click on the link below.

TAKE A LOOK : CHARGE COUPLED DEVICES (CCD)

The 12 Volt DC supply is taken from the battery placed in the robot. The camera has a receiver, which is placed in the remote station. Its output signals are in the form of audio and video. These signals are directly connected to a TV receiver or a computer through a tuner card.

Remote Operated Spy Robot - Remote Control Section

PUSH TO ON SWITCH 4
GEAR MOTOR 12V DC 100rpm 2
BATTERY 12V 1.3 Ah   rechargeable 1
9V 1
WIRELESS CCD CAMERA 1

Construction

The steps for the construction are…

1. Take a hylam sheet with (20cm*15cm) size.

2. Fix two gear motors (12VDC 100rpm) in the hylam sheet by using aluminum pieces and nut bolts as shown in the figure below.

3. Fix the ball castor as shown in the figure below.

Construction of Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit
Construction of Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit

4. Then fix the battery (12VDC 1.2Ah) on the top of the spy robot as shown in the figure below.

Construction of Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit - Top View
Construction of Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit – Top View

5. Connect two motors to the PCB. The PCB is then connected to the battery.

6. Connect the wireless CCD camera to the battery.

7. Connect the camera receiver to the TV or computer. Video information’s will thus appear in the screen.

8. Switch on the remote controller and control the spy robot.

94 thoughts on “Remote Operated Spy Robot Circuit

1. VC

I am also interested in this project,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,can u specify the cost,,,,,i am waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,VC189

2. VC

3. saikumar

Sir, i like this project .. please can u send me more information of this project. please………thanq

4. vismaya

please reply me,
    which simulation software is used to simulate this circuit.I am asking this because RF module, HT12E, HT12D are not available in proteus.

5. sagar varat

Sir
    I’m final year student. i liked this project but it is. too small.
    so can you plz tell me which more features can be added to this module and how to interface with this module

6. Jitendra Mandal

i have connected the circuit according to given diagram but motor countsly run ; left ; right reverse button doesn’t works please help me sir ….;

7. ArulKumar.M .BE.

sir,
    This project is good and very Usefull. The diplomo students are used this project. sir, One Recquest please send
    “Remout speed of micro cemera seted airplane.

8. Dhaval mahajan

respected sir,
    please send all over information like which controller using in this robot, which problems & what’s the solution…all over information please sent my mail ID……

9. Dhaval mahajan

dear sir,
    i am a final year student and I choose this defenation because i really like this please sir give all information…like its coding ,which micro-controller type use in this model, which problemes are in this model and what is it’s solution…all over data please send my mail ID

10. Ashwini Bhosale

Hell sir,
    I am Ashwini Bhosale from Solapur.I am doing project on Robot.My Project title is ‘Design and Implementation of Automatic Lawn Cutter’.In my project grass can be cut by using blade according to input of display&keypad.
    Please, Tell me to how much may a cost &components cost details.Can you help me? My email id is ‘ashubhosale1993@gmail.com’.Please reply. ..

11. dharmesh patel

i want to operate this robot using android application , then how can i make this project please give information about them.

12. subham

sir,
    sir i like ur this robot .. i like to get more information so that i can make my own robot for min project . please can u send me more information of this project. thank you . early waiting for your mail .

13. Rohit Kumar

if we can not use DIP switch in transmitter but use in reciever side and all pin of DIP switch in Rx. are not connected to ground than it will work or not
    and also it is neccessary to ground pins of DIP switch

14. seema

sir pls i need the complete information on ” Radio controlled searrch robot with wireless video monitoring
    system” with block diagram.

15. pratiksha vora

sir i want to full discripstion about this project and coding for camera, ane interfacing diagram and, circuit diagram
    and which microcontroller is used? for camera interfacing

16. ajai

please give me the complete circuit diagrams, for wireless ccd camera to connect with laptop, and also the program codings to program the microcontroller

17. sivakumar

which type of controller used in this project sir? if i am using four wheel sir which type of controller used and codings description also send my mail sir.

18. Anil kumar

Hello Sir,
    I am Anil kumar from Hyderabad, I am doing this project for my college mini project but I am facing some problems like when i connect transmitter circuit on the supply wires are becoming very in the receiver circuit then total wires are burning So Sri,

Please help me to overcome this problem please send me the solution to my mail “a.anil230692@gmail.com”
    Please send as early as possible…

19. atanu jana

Sir I m facing some problem like ice LM 7805 is get heated and and motor is not working . I m want to know is this circuit is correct or not .please help me as soon as u can

20. vivek

its not working
    plzzz help me
    when i give supply to the receiver section at that time motor rotates without remote…

21. ayeisha

sir,
    I made the complete circuit but It is not working as per described. pls give me d details regarding how to set the dip switch.

22. preethi

I connected this circuit but my robot is not moving, i did the same connection what u r giving but instead of TIP122 and TIP127 i used L293d to avoid complexity of circuit. Without microcontrollers it will work or not, I didn’t connect any microcontroller or arduino what to do now reply me please very soon im waiting

23. Akash

Dear Sir,
    I made the circuit but it is not working properly. Moters are running itself I could not control by remote
    Please help me.

24. Akash

I made the complete circuit but It is runing directly while it shoule be run through remote please help me and and kindly respond me soon.

25. anas

hi
    how can turn this robot to left and right? there is a ball Castor wheel that you mentioned there, and how it operates?

• Anil kumar

the ball cursor is only for mechanical balance the robot will move left and right by using the two gear motor when u press 3rd and 4th buttons in transmitter the any one of the motor will work making other off or slow, So that the robot will move left or right accordingly…

26. adam

sir,
    I can’t understand the remote part.You said ‘by just pressing any button on remote controller’ so that means we are going to use any remote controller(eg tv’s remote controller)?
    Also how can we command the robot the move right or left without a program?
    Lastly how to we enter the those 4bits input data?
    PLZ REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

• harshit

Remote is a simple 2-DPDT switches.Connect them in parallel to L-R motors and power supply.Pressing one switch forward while other one reverse will turn the robot.

27. Priyangshu

I m interested in this project. how much cost will come and will u provide all parts of this circuit.

28. Megha

can we make this robot using microcontroller?give me deatils with microcontroller n also give me cost of this.

29. s.saravanan

sir,
    i stydy BE EEE ,how to connect wireless ccd camera to tv in this project pls rly me sir.
    thanks

• Prasad

For wireless ccd camera there will be plug-in to connect to the TV-tuner card. Bu connecting the ccd camera to the TV tuner and TV tuner to the Laptop or TV we can see the image

30. d'pesh

instead of using 4 tip 122 & tip127…can we use a single ic…L293D…it wud make it a little cheaper & also reduce the complexity of circuit..!!
    waitin for reply.

31. johnson

awesome ideas!!!rally helpful 4 budding talents…wat abt the proj competitions?rnt tey held regularly

32. Michael Ebute

Sir, can i get the components from you? If yes how much will it cost me to get them to nigeria?

33. Ravi

Its sgmple and super circuit .I made this circuit it is succesfully working

thanks to this site

34. Anand.R

Hi This is Anand,
    I understand your problem u have faced while doing this project Mr.Amit and Mr.Priyatam.

Solution;
    The soln of this project is to connect D8,D9,D10,D11 pins through one NOT GATE Ic-7404.
    Because it requires inverted data for your motor driver unit.

35. Amit

we are also facing the same problem as Priyatam …thw wheels keep on rotating after giving power supply !!! please reply soon as posssible ..we have project demo in two days

36. Priyatam

when i switch on the circuit, the wheels are rotating continuously and there is no change after pressing any of the buttons.the connections are made properly.please tell the necessary corrections if any

37. sri vatsav

is this robo work .. i have don whole circuit but i did not get any out put i think i have don it correctly . but when i am operating remote the wheels are not moving at all ..plez plez plez ……..say me what is the prob in this …….. can u give me any layout of these circuit plez

38. jems

how does the robo turns left and right? There is no mechanical part to turn the wheels left and right. I think it can move only straight direction. How does it traces a curved path?

39. sagaryeldi

hi

i m sagar yeldi from solapur i have 1 problem due to make this project.
    is that you published this circuit diagram is correct or not?
    due to i occur some problem.pease tell me your responce to my e mail address..

thank you!

40. THIYAGARAJAN

ya its a good project and i gain idea about robotics for my project, i need how much cost this project will take?

• Anil kumar

Did u got this project
      i am facing some problems please help me
      when i connect the power supply the wheels are rotating continuously and then when i connect transmitter the wires in receiver become hot and burning

please help me
      my mail “a.anil230692@gmail.com”

41. Anish

And concerning the controller, you can take this idea and deploy it with a PIC controller. I have seen a circuit similar to this using a Microchip PIC controller (but i forgot where!) Just google it such as “spy robot” etc.

42. Anish

Hi sadiq, you can buy a separate tans-receiver module instead of making one. They are available as modules. Ask for it mentioning for the frequency of operation.. I donno whether encoding is available in that modules or not.

43. Sadiq

I am trying out this prjoect but it seems the components are obsolete and unavailable in Nigeria.Please do you have replacements for the encoder decoder and trans/reciever or their schematic diagram?

• Anil kumar

Did u got the output for this project if u got it please help me to resolve it my circuit is becoming hot and burning all wires when i connect the transmitter on please help me
      “a.anil230692@gmail.com”