A high gain amplifier circuit that can be operated from a battery pack of 6 or 9 volt battery pack is shown here.The IC1 uA 741 is wired as a high gain non-inverting amplifier and its output is amplified by a pair of complementary transistors (Q1 & Q2) to drive the speaker.The negative feedback from the common emitter junction of the two transistor stabilizes the gain of the circuit.The resulting audio output is sufficient to serve as a signal tracer.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
- Assemble the circuit on a good quality PCB or common board .
- The POT R6 can be used as a volume controller.
- The circuit can be powered from a 6 or 9V DC battery pack.
- The IC1 must be mounted an an IC base.
- All capacitors must be rated at least 15V.