In this project, we’re building a Single Chip FM Radio. The heart of this circuit is a digital IC – TDA7000. The design involves proper use of inductors and capacitors with correct values. Since the IC is dedicated to build radio circuits, this circuit is very much reliable to an extent.
Here is a compact low cost FM radio circuit using IC TDA 7000. This circuit is designed as per the data sheet and the result is excellent.Ideal for all category of electronic enthusiasts.
The TDA7000 is a monolithic integrated circuit for mono FM portable radios, where a minimum on peripheral components is crucial. The IC TDA 7000 has a Frequency-Locked-Loop system with an intermediate frequency of 70 kHz. The intermediate frequency selectivity is achieved by active RC filters. The only function which needs alignment is the resonant circuit for the oscillator, thus selecting the reception frequency. Spurious reception is avoided by means of a mute circuit, which also eliminates too noisy input signals. Special steps are taken to meet the radiation requirements.
- For L1 and L2 wind 5 turns of 0.6 mm enameled Copper wire on a 4 mm dia plastic former.
- For antenna use a 50mm long insulated copper wire.
- IC TDA 7000 can withstand up to 10 V supply voltage.But I recommend 6V.
- Use an 8 Ohm speaker or Headphone at the audio output.
We have more Radio Circuits with us, which you may like to read:
3. FM Transmitter using UPC1651