This 8 function serial Christmas lamp controller is based on the IC UTC 8156 from Unisonic. Specially designed for the same purpose, the UTC 8156 can control the four lamps in 8 modes namely waves, sequential, slo-gol, chasing/flash, slow fade, twinkle/flash, steady ON and auto scan. Control signals for controlling the lamps will be available at pin 12 to pin 15 of the IC. SCRs are used to drive the lamps according to these control signals.
- The circuit can be assembled on a Vero board.
- L1 to L4 can be 230V/40W lamps.
- H1 to H4 can be TYN612 SCRs.
- Heat sinks are recommended for the SCRs.
- IC1 must be mounted on a holder.
- If 1A bridge is not available, make one using four 1N4007 diodes.
- S1 can be an 8 through rotary type selector switch.
- S1 can be used to select the modes.