In this circuit tutorial, we’re building a simple Function Generator Circuit which can generate waveforms – Sine waves, Square waves and Triangular waves. The core of this circuit is IC L8038 – which is basically a function generator chip capable of generating different waveforms.
The ICL8038 is a function generator chip, capable of generating triangular, square , sine, pulse and sawtooth waveforms . From these sine, square & triangular wave forms can be made simultaneously.There is an option to control the parameters like frequency,duty cycle and distortion of these functions.This is the best function generator circuit for a beginner to start with and is of course a must on the work bench of an electronics hobbyist.The circuit here is designed to produce waveforms from 20Hz to 20 kHz.The ICL 8038 has to be operated from a dual power supply.
Function Generator Circuit Diagram & Parts List.
- The circuit needs a dual power supply. A +15 -15 power supply as shown in the circuit is enough for the purpose.
- The frequency of the output wave form can be adjusted using R7.It must be a 100K Log POT.
- The duty cycle can be adjusted using R3 , a 1K POT.
- The distortion of the wave form can be adjusted using R5 , a 100K POT.
- Square,triangle & sine waveforms can be obtained simultaneously at pins 9,3,2 respectively.
We have more Measurement Circuits that you may like to visit;Take a look below: