You have one more day to apply for GATE 2012. The applications has to be submitted on or before October 21 (at 23.00 hours). If you have not applied yet, rush!
You can apply online by following this link:- Apply for GATE 2012
Now lets talk a little about GATE for those who dont know much about it.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance test conducted in India for higher education in various Engineering streams. GATE exam is conducted jointly by the premier technology institutes in India, IIT’s or Indian Institute of Technologies. If you want to do a Post Graduate course in Engineering or if you want to do a research in Engineering streams, you must clear this entrance test. Many institutes in India take account of candidates GATE score to screen applications.
GATE 2012 is coordinated by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. You can read more about GATE 2012 in general here:- GATE 2012 -General
Important dates to remember for GATE 2012:-
Online Examination Date GATE 2012:- 29-01-2012 (Sunday)
Offline Examination Date GATE 2012:- 12-02-2012 (Sunday)
So you have got a couple of months for your rigorous preparation.
Eligibility to apply for GATE 2012:-
Not all guys can apply for GATE 2012. There is an eligibility criteria set by the examination coordinator. You can check if you are eligible by following this link:- Eligibility
Eligibility criterion for various programs are given in the above link, from Post Graduation programs to research fellow programs. Check them out carefully before applying.
GATE 2012 Examination Structure:
- Single paper exam
- Duration of 3 hours
- Total 65 questions
- Maximum marks 100
- All questions are objective types
- For all papers other than (AE, AG, AR, GG, MN and TF) – Questions will be multiple choice type
- For papers AE, AG, AR, GG, MN and TF – questions will be a mixture of multiple choice and numerical type
- For multiple choice questions 4 choice will be there. For numerical type one numerical answer will be there.
- For papers AE, AG, AR, GG, MN and TF, examination will be CBT (Computer based test – Online)
- For all other papers examination will be conducted using an ORS (Optical Response Sheet)
- Each wrong answer carries negative marks (for multiple choice questions). (They have not revealed percentage of reduction)
- Each GATE paper will have General Aptitude questions of 15 marks
GATE 2012 Exam Schedule
|Online||29 January 2012
|09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs||AR, GG and TF|
|14:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs||AE, AG and MN|
|Offline||12 February 2012
|09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs||BT, CE, CH, CS, ME, PH and PI|
|14:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs||CY, EC, EE, IN, MA, MT, XE and X|
After submitting application you can change your examination city before December 30, 2011. You need to pay Rs.400 for this change of examination center. You can get the city codes and corresponding examination center by accessing this link:- Examination cities
Note:- We will updating our website with more articles which will help you to crack GATE 2012. Keep looking!